The Graduate School Neurosciences Amsterdam Rotterdam
· coordinates the training program of the Ph.D-students participating in the school
· organizes courses, lectures, annual meetings in the field of neurosciences
· stimulates collaboration in neuroscientific research between the various participating institutes
· stimulates improvement of the quality of research and education in the neurosciences
Graduate School Neurosciences Amsterdam
Rotterdam (ONWAR) consists of research institutes of the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, the University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam UMC, the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences (KNAW) and the Erasmus Medical Center Rotterdam.
The scientific directors of
the research institutes comprise the Directory Board of the Graduate
School and one of them is appointed as Scientific Director (as of 2007: prof.dr. A.B. Smit.).
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam has acted as the representative for the school ever since it was initiated.
The ONWAR has been recognized by the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences in 1992, 1997, 2002 and 2009.
Institutes participating in ONWAR
- Center for Neurogenomics and Cognitive Research (www.cncr.nl) (Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, www.vu.nl)
- Amsterdam Neuroscience (www.amsterdamumc.org/research/institutes/amsterdam-neuroscience.htm)
- Neurosciences, Swammerdam Institute for Life Sciences (SILS), University of Amsterdam (www.uva.nl) (sils.uva.nl/research/collaboration-initiatives/neurosciences/neuro-sciences)
- Netherlands Institute for Neurosciences, KNAW (www.nin.nl)
- Dept. of Neuroscience, ErasmusMC Rotterdam (www.neuro.nl)
- Cell Biology, Molecular Neuroscience Section, Faculty of Science, Utrecht University (cellbiology.science.uu.nl)
Please note that it is only possible to participate in ONWAR and ONWAR´s training program, when you hold a PhD-position at one of the institutes participating in ONWAR.
- Prof.dr. A.B. Smit, CNCR, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (chairman)
- J. van Adrichem (MSc), CNCR, VU University Amsterdam
- Prof.dr. G. Borst, Dept. of Neuroscience, ErasmusMC Rotterdam
- Prof.dr. A. Kalsbeek, Amsterdam UMC, location AMC
- Prof.dr. P.J. Lucassen, Neurosciences, SILS, University of Amsterdam
- Prof.dr. P.R. Roelfsema, Netherlands Institute for Neuroscience, KNAW
- Prof.dr. H.E. de Vries, Amsterdam UMC, location VUmc
- Prof.dr. C.N. Levelt, Netherlands Institute for Neuroscience, KNAW (chairman)
- A.A. van Berkel (MSc), Amsterdam UMC, location VUmc
- Dr. C.P. Fitzsimons, Neurosciences, SILS, University of Amsterdam
- Dr. V. Gazzola, Netherlands Institute for Neuroscience, KNAW
- Dr. V.M. Heine, Amsterdam UMC, location VUmc
- A. Hillen (MSc), Amsterdam UMC, location VUmc
- N. Jamann (MSc), Netherlands Institute for Neuroscience, KNAW
- Dr. M. de Jeu, Dept. of Neuroscience, ErasmusMC Rotterdam
- J. Lim, Neurosciences, SILS, University of Amsterdam
- Prof.dr. L. Reneman, Amsterdam UMC, location AMC
- Dr. R.F.G. Toonen, CNCR, VU University Amsterdam
- Dr. M.M.M. Wilhelmus, Amsterdam UMC, location VUmc
Finances: Faculty of Science, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Administration: Renee Lustenhouwer (firstname.lastname@example.org)